Statement of SOMA’s Calling
SOMA is a mission agency called by God to serve the Anglican Communion and the worldwide Church by:
building up and equipping the Body of Jesus Christ;
through the transforming grace of the Holy Spirit;
principally through short-term, cross-cultural missions;
for the transformation of individuals, churches and communities
Statement of SOMA’s Strategic Goals
- Increase the number of intercessory prayer members and teams.
- Grow ministry to the ‘home’ Church through inviting and sending mission teams.
- Continue to build strategic relationships within the Anglican Communion.
- Greatly increase participation by younger generations.
- Conduct more collaborative team missions.
- Conduct more frequent, world-wide renewal conferences.
- Look for, and conduct, missions aimed at community transformation.
- Embrace evangelism as an integral element of SOMA's mission.